April Showers bring May Flowers…. or so the saying goes. If you are a new driver however spring showers can bring some new obstacles and opportunities of which you should be aware:
- Be on the lookout for potholes… they are everywhere this time of year. One good pothole can bounce you into traffic or damage your vehicle.
- Slow down for spring showers…. when you are studying for your driving test you learn about hydroplaning and the dangers of rain on the roadways. Spring showers can be a hazard if you aren’t careful.
- Watch for animals on the move. It is ‘Spring’ and the deer as well as other animals are on the move! Be sure to keep an eye out for animals darting into roadways.
- Watch for pedestrians on the move…. and bicyclists…. and motorcycles. Everyone is out and about when the weather is nice!
- And finally: maintain proper tire air pressure and inspect your tire tread. Being prepared goes a long way!